The following steps show how to format a table in a Word document so that the table does not split across multiple-pages (when it can fit in one page).
For example, the table at the bottom of page 1 has split into page 2.
- Select all rows in the table – but clicking inside the table then the cross-arrow at the top left of the table
- In the ‘Home’ menu, click on the ‘Paragraph’ settings icon
- Open the ‘Line and Page Breaks’ tab
- Tick ‘Keep with next’
- Click ‘OK’ to close the window
- The table should now be on its own page
Help! The table is still split between two pages!
If the table is still split between two pages – try disabling the table row setting ‘Allow row to break across pages’.