The last few times I’ve installed Windows 10 by default the time was set to 24-hour format.
The steps below show how to change the time back to 12-hour format so that AM/PM are displayed.
How to change Windows 10 time from 24-hour to 12-hour format
- Click on the clock at the bottom right of your screen then click on ‘Date and time settings’
- In the left side of the window, scroll down to ‘Formats’ and click on ‘Change date and time formats’
- Under ‘Short time’ select ‘hh:mm tt’
- Under ‘Long time’ select ‘hh:mm:ss tt’
- Close the window
- Your time will now be in 12-hour format and will display the AM/PM value.