By default the “Administrator” account is disabled in Windows 7.
It can be enabled and used however some caution should be used- when logged on as the Administrator account the UAC system is disabled which potentially allows malware to install in the background.
To enable the Administrator account:
- Click on the Windows (Start) button
- Right click on ‘My Computer’
- Select ‘Manage’
- Expand ‘Local Users and Groups’
- Select ‘Users’
- Double click on “Administrator”
- Un-tick ‘Account is disabled’
- Click ‘OK’ to save the changes
- Right click on “Administrator”
- Choose ‘Set Password…’ , click on ‘Preceed’ and give the account a new password
- You will now be able to log in using the Administrator account.