The following process details how to create a custom configuration of Microsoft Office 2010 for a silent installation.
The process requires you to create a MSP configuration file and save it into the ‘Updates’ folder in the Microsoft Office 2010 install folder.
- Browse to your installation source
- Right click on ‘Setup.exe’ and select ‘Send to -> Desktop (Create Shortcut)’
- Open your desktop, right click on the shortcut to setup.exe and select ‘Properties’
- Add /admin to the ‘Target’ – for example “C:\InstallSourcesetup.exe” /admin
- Click ‘OK’ to save the change
- Open the shortcut. The Microsoft Office Customisation Tool will load.
- Add the customisations as required. For example you can customise the shortcut files saved, add a MAK serial number and add/remove features
- Save the customisation to the ‘updates’ folder in your install source folder
- You can now create your SCCM package or deploy the software by using setup.exe as the program run command. The install will automatically detect the MSP file and apply the customisations.
For more information on creating SCCM packages see distribute software using SCCM