When you go to access your Outlook Web App website you recieve the following message:
Server Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
In Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 Outlook Web Access (OWA) uses HTTP Secured (HTTPS) by default and therefore when you type the URL you must type https://server.domain.com/owa instead of http://server.domain.com/owa
You can also configure your server to automatically redirect http request to OWA web site as https requests:
- Log onto your Exchange server hosting the Client Access Server (CAS) role
- Open the IIS Management console (Start -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager)
- Expand the ‘Default Website’ and click on ‘OWA’
- From the main window, click on ‘HTTP Redirect’
- Place a tick next to ‘Redirect requests to this destination’
- Enter in the full https address for your OWA install.
Detailed instructions can also be found on Microsoft Technet:
- for Exchange 2007: How to Simplify the Outlook Web Access URL
- for Exchange 2010: Simplify the Outlook Web App URL