After enabling ‘cache lite’ on Joomla 2.5 you are unable to log into the Joomla Administration page.
You are able to load the Administration page and enter the user a username and password, however they do not allow you to log in.
Note: These instructions will allow you to log back into the Joomla Administration page – they do not focus on why this issue is happening and how to fix it. As a general suggestion (but not tested and confirmed) after following these steps and being able to log in you could try purging the cache and re-enabling cache-lite.
- Using either your cpanel access to FTP access to the webserver, navigate to <Joomla Install>/libraries/joomla/cache/storage/cachelite.php
- Rename ‘cachelite.php’ to ‘cachelite.php.old’
- You should now be able to log into the Joomla Administration page – however there will be several error messages – ignore the messages and continue with the steps
- Open the ‘Global Configuration’ page
- Open the ‘System’ tab
- Under ‘Cache’ disable caching by selecting ‘OFF – Caching disabled’
- Click ‘Save & Close’ at the top right of the page to save the changes.
- Go back to the ‘cachelite.php.old’ file and rename to ‘cachelite.php’.