Tthe Lync client (the new version of Office Communicator) minimises to both the taskbar and the notification area (where the clock is displayed).
If you prefer the traditional way of minimising to the notification area you can do this by following these steps:
- Click on the Lync icon to open the Lync client window
- Click on the cog icon at the top right of the window
- Tick the ‘Minimize to the notification area instead of the task bar’ option
- Click ‘OK’ to save the changes
- Now whenever you close the Lync client window it will only minimise to the notification area.