There is currently no official Office 2010 release with Service Pack 1 included and there has been no indication from Microsoft to imply they are going to provide one.
Instead they’ve provided the update in a separate downloadable package and the means to ‘slipstream’ (bundle) it into your Office 2010 installation source files.
The following process details how to take the downloadable package and create the bundled installation media (Office 2010 with SP1).
Please note: This process assumes you have already saved your installation source to a writable folder.
STEP 1: Download Office 2010 Service Pack 1
- Go to the Microsoft Download Center and download the Office 2010 Service Pack 1 package for your architecture (e.g. 32-bit)
- Save the download to a a temporary location (e.g. to the C:\ directory)
STEP 2: Extract the contents
- Open the command prompt (Start -> CMD)
- Run the following command (assuming you saved the Service Pack 1 package to the C:\ directory)
- If prompted by the User Access Control, select ‘Yes’
- Click ‘Chick here to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms’ then click ‘Continue’
- You will be prompted when completed. Click ‘OK’ to close the wizard.
- The contents will extract to a folder at C:\SP1
STEP 3: Include in the Office 2010 install media
- Navigate to the extract service pack (e.g. C:\SP1)
- Select all the contents and copy
- Navigate to your Office 2010 install folder
- Open the ‘Updates’ folder
- Paste the contents into the ‘Updates’ folder
All done! – Now when ever your install Office 2010 (Using setup.exe) Service Pack 1 will be installed automatically.