If you have both Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, these steps will show how to change which program will open a PDF when you double-click to open.
To set Adobe Reader as the default program you will need administrator rights on the computer.
- Open Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat
- Click on the ‘Edit’ menu then ‘Preferences’
- Click on ‘General’ on the side bar
- Click on the button ‘Select Default PDF Handler’.
- Click on the drop down box and select ‘Adobe Reader …’
- Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ to exit out the dialogs
- PDF files will now open in Internet Explorer, using Adobe Reader.