The following process describes how to configure uTorrent to automatically stop sharing once a download has completed (otherwise known as ‘hit and run’).
Please note: This sort of behaviour is discouraged with file SHARING communities.
- With uTorrent open, select the ‘Options’ menu then ‘Preferences’
- Select ‘Queueing’ from the left hand menu
- Under ‘Minimun ratio’ enter ‘0’
- Tick the ‘Limit the upload rate’ option and enter ‘0’
- Click ‘OK’ to save the changes
- Now when ever a download completed it will automatically stop ‘Seeding’ and change to ‘Finished’
- If you want to override this for a particular download, right click on the download and select ‘Force Start’