When attempting to ‘pin’ an image on a website to a Pinterest album, Pinterest will be unable to find the image.
First, this issue can happen for a number of reasons:
- the image is too small (it needs to be at least 80 x 80 pixels)
- the image is embedded in an iframe (most often seen on Tumblr)
- the image is being displayed as a background image (only images on the page, not backgrounds can be added)
- the image is on Flickr and the owner does not want to share (most often seen on blogs where the owners were marking images private and displaying them from Flickr)
- the images are being displayed via Adobe Flash, therefore there is no image file (JPG, GIF, PNG) for Pinterest to add
To resolve you could take a screen picture of the image, crop and save and then upload to Pinterest.
You could also try using the Pinterst bookmarklet, which seems to have better results at finding difficult images.
To install the Pinterest bookmketlet either drag the button below into your Favourites/Bookmarks toolbar or right-click and select ‘add to Favourites/Bookmarks’
The bookmarket can be ran from any website and will display all available images for adding to a Pinterest board.
← Add this link to your Bookmarks Bar