The following process has been tested and confirmed as working with Microsoft Office Communicator R2 (version 3.5.6907.83) and SCCM R2.
It does the following tasks:
- Installs Office Communicator R2 silently
- Removes the ‘first run’ demo for all new users
- Download the latest install files
- Create a text file called install.cmd and copy in the following information:
@echo off REM Install Communicatormsiexec /i "%~dp0Communicator.msi" /qb! /norestart REM Remove first run demo reg add HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Communicator /v TourPlayed /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
- Copy the installer file and install.cmd to your software package share
- You can now create your SCCM package or deploy the software by using install.cmd.
For more information on creating SCCM packages see distribute software using SCCM.