Distribution lists allow for a single reference to send a message multiple recipients, usually this is managed through a single email address which sends messages to people or groups which are included in its list.
Creating Distribution Groups
To create a new distribution list using the Exchange console-
- Under the Recipient Configuration node, select Distribution Group.
- In the Actions pane, select New Distribution Group. This starts the New Distribution Group Wizard.
- If you already have an existing Active Directory group select Existing Group, otherwise select New Group and enter in the appropriate information in the following page.
- Click Next. On the New Distribution Group page, review the parameters of the new group. To create the group, click New.
- On the Completion page, verify that the group was created successfully.
- Click Finish to exit the New Distribution Group Wizard.