The following process describes how to embed a YouTube video into a Joomla article.
- Upload your video to YouTube
- Open the video, in the address bar you will find the address to the video. Select and Copy it. (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRciwmk0Zg0 )
- Log into Joomla and create your article.
- When ready to insert the video, click on the ‘Show/Hide’ link at the top left of the window. This will take you to the HTML of your article.
- Find the spot where you need to place the video (for example, the top of the bottom of the HTML section)
- Paste in the following script:
- Edit the script with your youtube link, don’t forget to replace both the ‘movie’ abd ’embed src’ links)
- Save and publish your article as usual.
<object width="425" height="350">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XRciwmk0Zg0" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />
The results will look like this: