The following script will remotely connect to a computer on your network, query the registy for the monitor details and output what it finds.
It can be used to remotely get the monitor make, model and serial number from any computer on your network.
There are two versions of the script available, one for a single computer or one for a list of computers.
Get monitor serial number for a single computer
Download: Get Monitor Info – remotely.vbs
When you run the script it will prompt for the remote computer name:
After entering the remote computer name it will return the information on the attached monitors.
This computer has two monitors, so the information is separated by [Monitor_1] and [Monitor_2]
Get monitor serial number for a list of computers
Note – you require Microsoft Excel installed on the computer are you running this script.
- After downloading and extracting the ZIP file you will find two files,
- MachineList.txt – which holds the list of computers to get the serial numbers from, each computer name needs to be on a new line
- Get_Monitor Info – remotely (MachineList).vbs – the script to run
- Update MachineList with the list of computers
- Run ‘Get_Monitor Info – remotely (MachineList).vbs’
- Microsoft Excel will load and begin to add the header row then the details of each computer
- If a computer is online (available on the network) its details will be recorded then it is removed from MachineList.txt
- If a computer is offline it is marked as ‘Offline’ in the excel document and it remains in MachineList, so you can run the script later when the computer is online.