It’s a fact – for whatever reason most computers don’t keep the time perfectly and at times completely forget what time it is. This can leave you with a computer that won’t connect to a work network or allow you to access https website.
Fortunately Windows 7 allows you to sync the time on your computer over the Internet. There are two ways this can be done.
How to sync the time using the GUI
- Right-click on the time at the bottom right of your screen
- Click on ‘Adjust date/time’
- Click on the ‘Internet Time’ tab (note: this option is NOT available for computers which are joined to a Windows Domain – if you do not have this option you will need to use the command line below)
- Click on the ‘Change Settings’ button
- If the UAC prompt appears, click ‘Yes’
- Click ‘Update now’ to tell the computer to start the sync
How to sync the time using the command line
Note: This is the only way to manually sync the time for computers which are joined to a Windows Domain.
- Open the Command tool and enter in the following command