Windows 8 users may have noticed something weird when searching for programs and documents – there's internet results appearing below.
For most people this is just annoying and unnecessary – and could easily be seen as a ploy by Microsoft to direct more traffic to their Bing search engine.
The good news is it's easily disabled by following the steps below.
- Press the Windows key + C or slide the right of the screen to open the Windows charms window
- Click on 'Settings'
- Click on 'Change PC settings'
- Click on 'Search and apps'
- Under 'Get search suggestions and web results from Bing' move the slider to 'Off'
- Now the search results are just files and programs – no more Internet search results