When attempting to reset Internet Explorer (in this case Internet Explorer 11) you receive the following message.
Before you can reset Internet Explorer settings, you must first close all other open windows and programs.
Closing Internet Explorer and using the control panel gives the same problem.
- Open the Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Escape on the keyboard
- Select the Details tab
- In the list you will find one or more iexplorer.exe
- For each, select in the list and click the ‘End task’ button
- Now repeat the reset process, this time it should reset.
- If you continue to have issues, try accessing the Internet Settings window from the control panel.