Whilst the default background for the Windows 7 logon screen looks nice, it would look better if you had the control to choose the background image.
This would also allow you to customise the logon screen for your organisation.
At the moment Windows 7 doesn’t provide the ability to change the background image, however there is a free simple tool which can be used – The Windows 7 Background Changer.
The following steps detail how to change the Windows 7 background picture:
- Download the background changer tool from – http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Windows-7-Logon-Background-Changer.shtml
- Extract the contents
- Run ‘Win7LogonBackgroundChanger.exe’
- Either choose an image from the top of the screen or load your own image
- Click ‘Apply’ then ‘OK’ to save the changes
- The changes will apply for the logon and locked screen.