The following steps detail how to extract the Adobe Reader 9.x installation files (AcroRead.msi etc) from the compressed executable.
This is usually done to deploy the software using ConfigMgr.
- Download the latest EXE installer from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x
- Save to your C:
- Open Start > Run
- Run: “C:\AdbeRdr940_en_US.exe” -nos_ne
- Click ‘OK’ to start decompressing the file
- Once completed the extracted files will be saved to
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\adobeReader 9.4\Setup Files\
- Copy the files to your distribution point for deploying to clients.