Did you know that the Facebook app on your mobile phone keeps track of where you go?
Creepy and completely unnecessary. Well almost – it’s used let you know about nearby friends, which may be an even better reason to want to disable it!
The good news is you can stop this and erase the location history.
But first – take a look at what it already knows here: www.facebook.com/location_history/view/
How to stop Facebook location tracking?
To disable the tracking you need to use the mobile app.
- In the mobile app, click on the menu icon at the top right
- Expand ‘Settings & Privacy’ and click on ‘Settings’
- Scroll down until you see ‘Privacy’ and click on ‘Location’
- Change the ‘Location History’ setting to ‘Off’ and follow the on screen prompts.
How to clear the Facebook location tracking history?
Using the Facebook mobile app:
- In the mobile app, navigate to the location settings as above.
- Click on ‘View your location history’
- Click on the menu icon at the top right of the screen
- Click on ‘Delete all location history’ and follow the on screen prompts.
Using the Facebook website
- Go to www.facebook.com/location_history/view/
- Click on the menu icon at the top right of the window
- Click on ‘Delete All Location History’ and follow the on screen prompts.