By default when you pause and play a video in VLC Media Player icons appear at the top right of the screen that show what the video is doing. These icons are part of the on screen display functionality, also known as OSD.
The steps below show how to display OSD.
- With VLC Media Player open, click on the ‘Tools’ menu then ‘Preferences’
- Under ‘Show settings’ (bottom left of the window) click on ‘All’
- Scroll to the bottom of the list on the left and click on ‘Subtitles / OSD’
- Un-tick ‘On Screen Display’
- Click ‘Save’ to save the changes.